About Let’s Count
YOUR FREE LET’S COUNT! RESOURCES:
- New for 2022 are five fabulous census education resources, which you can use in the build-up to the Census 2021 population announcement in early summer 2022.
- All resources cover important areas of the English and Welsh curriculum.
- Let’s Count! has achieved accreditation from Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI), the National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE) and the Geographical Association.
- Still available from 2021 are 14 cross-curricular resources for you to choose from. You can also use video lessons from MEI and Professor David Olusoga for remote learning.
- We’ve designed these flexible and time-saving resources to support your school through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, whether teaching in the classroom or at home. They can help you to re-engage children and families in learning and celebrate their local community.
- This easy-to-use education programme can help improve maths and writing skills, using Census 2021, a significant real-life event, as a stimulus.
- The resources even offer professional development training for your teachers, with an exclusive session about progression in statistics across the primary years.
- Get full access to this Let’s Count! website, including past census data on your local area and a free chart-generation tool. This allows you to create colourful pie charts and bar charts.
- Use editable PowerPoint slides, supporting each lesson plan, allowing you to tailor lessons for your class.
- Reward children with digital certificates for taking part.
- Use the Counter Cat characters to help make learning fun.
Once registered, you will be able to access the fabulous new digital Let’s Count! resources. We will also let you know when the ONS confirms the date of the Census 2021 population announcement.
We look forward to your school taking part in this exciting initiative.